Sunday, October 4, 2015

SMC Open House!

With semester in full swing it is already almost that time yes for college applications. When I hear that my reactions comes down to either, "Aw they are such babies!" or the classic, "Oh my I am so old I'm not about this". It's true though! Being a senior in colleges is so different when you compare that to being a senior in high school. If you are applying to Saint Mike's I can imagine you have tons of questions and are wondering about so much that isn't just in the handed out (but super informative & creative by the way) handbook. Granted I can type and type on here about all the things I love about Saint Mike's but what would be even better and what would be my recommendation is that you come to a Saint Mike's Open House. There are tons of opportunities to take tours and visit the school but an open house is a wicked awesome day to come up to Vermont and visit! Here is the low down essentially:

Tour and More: In an Open House day at Saint Mike's you get a tour when you come, getting to see the academic buildings, residence halls and seeing the layout of the campus. The really interactive map on the school's website is awesome but trust me it doesn't do it justice as to how pretty the campus is There are both student and parent panels are available for the floor to really open up to questions you have on student life, classes, clubs etc.

Meeting People: With the campus being busy there is a great chance to talk with lots of people and get to know them! Its a great way to make connections and meet people who you might end up having classes with or are in clubs you are interested in!

One on One: I know people who were able to get in touch with certain majors and departments they were interested in which, if you are coming in as a freshman and know what major you want, is an awesome opportunity when visiting the school!

The Area: One thing I would personally recommend about a college visit is to make a weekend out of it if you can! Take some time to hang out on church street or go hiking! See the area and Saint Mike's has to offer!

The Gear: Also at Open House the school store is open so don't hesitate to pop in and get some SMC apparel! At my high school they had college sweatshirt days so I got the most comfortable sweatshirt from the school store that weekend to have! The school store has a large selection of stuff and something for everyone!

The Fit: I knew when I came to visit Saint Mike's it was a good fit for me. My cousin went to UVM and suggested that since I did not want a big school to look into Saint Mike's because she had heard a lot of good things about it. I booked a visit to both schools the same weekend. An open house visit at Saint Mike's reassured me I knew it was a better fit for me. If I did want a big school feel though UVM would definitely be on my list! Spending a day on campus rather than just the tour alone gives you and all around feel for the school and is a great opportunity to connect with everything on campus! Don't hesitate to ask question and see as much as you can because there is a lot Saint Mike's has to offer!


Facebook: Candice Kalil
Twitter: @CandiceLeeMary
Instagram: candicekalil31

No comments:

Post a Comment