Monday, January 4, 2016

A Year Ago

Time flies when your having fun and 2015 left with some of the best memories I will ever have. A lot happened in one year from breaking a leg to visiting 7 new countries. Everyone is posting on twitter and social media about new year's resolutions while setting new goals for 2016. For all of you who are planning any adventures this year, set the resolution for yourself to make the most of it. Having come back from the opportunity to study abroad in Spain, one year later I will tell you I never thought I would miss it as much as I do. I knew it was temporary, the chance of a lifetime and my chance to see the world. But if you had told me this time a year ago that the memories and friends I had during those 4 1/2 months were going to become a part of my life I would have approached the time differently. 

I walked into the experience with an open mind as should anyone in a new situation. Instead of hopping on a plan to travel Europe I am hopping in a car in a few weeks to go to Vermont for my final college semester. Time really does fly when you are having fun, and I can't wait for what next semester holds (hopefully a lot of snow!). For anyone going abroad or considering doing it next year, make it work and take full advantage of the opportunities given to you because they are once in a lifetime. Its hard to realize when the chance is right in front of you but you are really only young for a good period of time so take those kind of opportunities while you can! 

For all of you going abroad this semester, here is a letter I have for you: 


Facebook: Candice Kalil
Twitter: @CandiceLeeMary
Instagram: candicekalil31

No comments:

Post a Comment