Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Nostalgic Update

Landing on American soil and having been back in the states for about over a month now, its easy to understand why I have not been as up to date on here! Summer is so busy! Basically a few days after arriving home and spending some time with the family (my dogs of course!) I started to jump back into work. This summer I am back working as a hostess but also interning for Infinite Events, LLC, a wedding/day of planning company! With summer almost half way through I am loving working weddings and getting my quick trips to the beach after work to relax!

I can tell you that being back in the states does come with some reverse culture shock. I couldn't believe that when I went anywhere I could get a cup or glass of water for free, or that the US dollar felt so thin to the monopoly-like Euro dollar. The funniest things stand out but it is nice to be home. I miss living out of my backpack and country hopping for a good chunk of time, but nothing is quite like coming home to sitting on the couch and cuddling with my favorite beings. 

I am lucky to say I have gotten to live in three beautiful places such as home, Vermont and Spain. For I am enjoying working weddings, people watching while working in downtown Newport because the tourists never fail to be entertaining and taking some relaxing time by the beach! Spanish sun gave me a pretty solid tan so I got the upper hand this summer, no complaints!

Also check out this article if you get a moment! This pretty much sums up the whole reason why you should study abroad and why it is important to travel: Get Out and See The World: Why Travelling is Important

Facebook: Candice Kalil
Twitter: @CandiceLeeMary
Instagram: candicekalil31


No comments:

Post a Comment